Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baby Shower Inspiration

So in a month I will be hosting my first baby shower. Considering that babies are not my favorite thing, I'm a little surprised I volunteered for this. But I love entertaining, so maybe not. Plus, it serves as motivation for my husband to get cracking on the kitchen remodel so it's not scary when we have guests.

In any case, I somehow decided on the theme "Peas, Carrots & Love."  I'm not sure where I came up with that, but it kind of fit with the invitations I decided I liked.

The shower is co-ed, which is a bit intimidating since I've never attended a co-ed shower so I'm not sure what to do other than feed people.  Any ideas?

For food, I found this recipe for Carrot Ginger cupcakes that sound delish.  The mom-to-be doesn't really care for chocolate, so I think the carrot will work out better.  I think I'm going to decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles shaped like peas and carrots, too.  I also bought these adorable baking cups for them.

I need some decorating ideas though... Decorating is never my strong suit. But the shower is a brunch, so I have quite a few ideas for food.  Mini-quiches, breakfast casserole, and more.  As I test the recipes I'll see if I can't post some details here.  Mmm, and even though it is a baby shower brunch, I think I'll serve a white sangria. I've been craving it for a while, so this is a perfect excuse!

No comments: