Monday, April 8, 2013

Meatless & Marvelous

So I've decided to do an experiment this week.  I'm going to make all meatless meals, but not mention it to Zach.  We'll see if he even notices the lack of meat.

The menu includes:
Black Bean Taco Soup
A bean soup mix that was in my Christmas stocking from my mom
Pasta with pesto and maybe a few random veggies to clean out the fridge
Skinny Lasagna Rolls
and finally, if we have eaten all the leftovers, a vegetarian chili (I haven't decided which one yet)

I think if I rotate through them, Zach probably won't even notice that not a single day includes meat.  Although now that I'm looking at the menu, it's pretty obvious that Mexican and Italian are two of our favorite cuisines. :)

In other news, Zach started building the chicken coop this weekend!  We're using Ana White's Shed Chicken Coop plans.  So far, we have the floor, back wall and front wall all framed.  Yesterday, I went up to Second Use and picked up a couple of plain wood window sashes we'll use to cover the windows instead of relying on shutters.  That and painting are all I'm allowed to help with since Zach and I don't work well together.  Here's a photo of the progress.  It may not look like much yet, but I think it's great progress!


No comments: